The Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine publishes theoretical and empirical research in economics, finance, and banking.
After initial screening by the Editors, submissions go through a double-blind peer review by independent referees. The decision to publish the submitted papers is based on the feedback from reviewers and the final judgment of the Editors.
The submission of a paper implies that:
- the manuscript is an original unpublished research work;
- the paper is not under consideration for publication anywhere else;
- its publication has been approved by all co-authors if any.
Papers can be submitted in either Ukrainian or English. Translation into English and language editing is carried out by the publisher free of charge for the author(s).
By submitting an article, the author acknowledges the terms of the License agreement and assigns the National Bank of Ukraine the right to publish and use the submitted paper. According to the agreement above, the payment of author’s royalties to the author(s) for the use of the work is not provided for.
The package of documents for article submission must include the following:
1. A title page file, which should include:
- a concise and informative title of the study;
- the name(s) of the author(s);
- the 16-digit ORCID of the author(s);
- the affiliation(s) and address(es) of the author(s) (city and country);
- the e-mail address of the corresponding author(s).
2. A text file (an original manuscript in Ukrainian or English (U.S. grammar). The author should not be indicated in the text file since the Journal uses a double-blind peer review process
3. A file containing all figures used in the article, with their relevant captions (all with an image resolution of at least 300 dpi).
For original Ukrainian papers, the author should add an English translation of the article’s title, abstract, keywords, and a transliteration of the author’s name(s).
The paper should be submitted by e-mail: email@example.com.
Paper submission is free of charge.
Requirements for the Article
To ensure the rapid and effective processing of a submitted article, please meet the requirements below. Articles that do not satisfy these criteria will be rejected.
Each paper must contain such essential parts as an abstract, keywords, an introduction, a literature review, a description of the data and methodology, results, conclusions, a list of references, and appendices (tables and figures with captions). Acknowledgments of persons, grants, funds, etc. should be placed at the beginning of the article as a footnote.
The abstract briefly describes the research questions and hypotheses, data and key methodology, results and conclusions (up to 150 words). Following the abstract, the author(s) should indicate no more than five keywords and up to five JEL codes (JEL Classification Codes Guide).
- Formatting: Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), A4 page format, 1.5 line spacing, Calibri font type, 12 pt font size;
- The length of an article must not exceed 8,500 words;
- Formulae and computations, equations, and other mathematical calculations presented to substantiate and confirm the results of the study must be included in the text as Microsoft Equations;
- Figures, formulae, and tables must be numbered using Arabic numerals by type consecutively throughout the text;
- The abscissa and ordinates of figures should be clearly marked with the definition of the dimension of the scale and the values;
- Mathematical proofs and extensive datasets should be placed in appendices, with proper references in the text;
- Figures and large tables should be placed at the end of the article in appendices, with proper references in the text.
The list of references must be given in a structured way after the title “References” (left aligned and italicized). Every item in the list of references must have a relevant reference in the text. The reference list should contain only published papers or forthcoming publications. The sources in the list of references should be listed in alphabetical and chronological order (starting with the earliest publication of the same author). If a paper referenced is originally in Ukrainian or another language using the Cyrillic alphabet, an English translation of the title must be given. The use of a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) is required for online publications.
Names and initials of all authors, year of publication in parentheses, title of the paper, title of journal, volume, number, first – last page number, website address or DOI.
Example: Bernanke, B., Boivin, J. (2006). Monetary policy in a data-rich environment. Journal of Monetary Economics, 50(3), 525-546. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0304-3932(03)00024-2
Names and initials of all authors, year of publication in parentheses, title, edition, place of publication, publisher, .
Example: Laidler, D. E. W. (1993). The Demand for Money: Theories, Evidence, and Problems. New York: Harper Collins College Publishers.
Names and initials of all authors, year of publication in parentheses, title of the publication, volume, number, edition, place of publication, publisher.
Example: Canova, F., Ciccarelli, M. (2013). Panel vector autoregressive models: A survey. European Central Bank Working Paper Series, 1507. European Central Bank. Retrieved from https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/scpwps/ecbwp1507.pdf
The journal does not charge for article processing, and there are no submissions and article publication fees. All expenses on the publication of the journal are covered by the National Bank of Ukraine.
Authors should acknowledge that a submitted manuscript is original, it has not been published before, and has been submitted solely to this journal.
Authors are required to confirm that their submissions contain final and verified data. At the request of editors, authors should be able to provide the data they used in their calculations, models, and forecasts in order to verify results and findings of the investigation or to prove the data’s validity.
Manuscripts should include a reasonable number of facts and bibliographical references to provide grounds for findings.
Any form of plagiarism is unethical and unacceptable. In the case of plagiarism, a submission will be rejected.
Anyone who has made a significant contribution to the article’s data collection, analysis, research and preparation should be listed as an author.
The authors must report any financial or other conflicts of interests that may be interpreted as having a potential influence on the results of the research. Authors should provide information on the sources of research funding.
Author(s) must inform the publishing editors of the journal of any errors, and make all efforts to correct any errors discovered at any stage of the preparation of the article for publication.
By submitting a paper for consideration, authors acknowledge the terms of the License Agreement and assign the National Bank of Ukraine the right to use and to publish this paper in the Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine. Ownership of the copyright to the articles remains with author.
The author may distribute electronic copies of the Article (including in its final published Journal format with reference to it) on: the authors’ personal web resources (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.); the web resources of their institution; noncommercial, open access web resources (multidisciplinare and subject repositories).
The payment of author’s royalties to the author(s) for the use of the work, in accordance with the License Agreement, is not provided for.
All published articles are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License CC-BY-NC, which allows others to share the work if there is acknowledgement of the work's authorship and its initial publication in this journal.
This License Agreement (hereinafter the Agreement) is an agreement in accordance with Article 634 of the Civil Code of Ukraine. It is concluded between the author (co-authors) [hereinafter, the Authors] and the National Bank of Ukraine, represented by the Editor-in-Chief of the journal Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine or other authorized person (altogether, Parties).
1. The Scope of the Agreement
1.1. By submitting a paper to the Publisher, the Authors - individual(s) who have created the paper by themselves - unconditionally agree with the terms of this Agreement.
1.2. The Authors provide the Publisher with the non-exclusive right to use the work for an indefinite period free of charge, and the Publisher publishes the article in the journal Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine.
1.3. The Publisher acquires the right to use the work in the following ways:
- 1.3.1. Copying, reproduction and technological processing of the whole paper or any part of it with the help of the computer equipment of the National Bank of Ukraine by writing or rewriting in digital format.
- 1.3.2. Reviewing, editing, cutting, processing or modifying the text or images of the paper in hard or soft copies, or in any other media, in accordance with the approval of subediting by the author(s).
- 1.3.3. Translation of the whole paper or any part of it into English or another language.
- 1.3.4. Inclusion of the paper in a composite work.
- 1.3.5. Publication, edition, re-edition – issue, replication of the paper in the original language and translation, in any media (hard and (or) soft copies).
- 1.3.6. Distribution (publication) of the work in online and (or) paper editions of the National Bank of Ukraine, in any digital format on the web-site of the National Bank of Ukraine, on the internal portal of the National Bank of Ukraine, and on the web-site of the Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine.
- 1.3.7. Inclusion of the title of the articles and information about its Authors, references and other metadata in the databases and indexes.
- 1.3.8. Public use of the work or any part thereof during presentations, training, round table meetings, press clubs, press conferences referring to the title of the work and the edition in which the paper was published, and to the Authors.
- 1.3.9. Free distribution of electronic editions with the published (posted) paper through their publications, in an electronic form or in any other form, placement on the website of the National Bank of Ukraine, as well as their presentation, transfer with promotional purposes, etc.
1.4. The territory of use is unbound.
1.5. The maximum circulation in any media is unbound.
2. Liabilities of the Authors
2.1. The Authors’ liabilities when submitting the paper to the Publisher:
- 2.1.1. They own the copyright to the paper.
- 2.1.2. The work and all parts of the paper is the original work of the author, and it has neither been published nor been submitted for publication in any other journal.
2.2. The Authors guarantee the paper does not contain parts or fragments of other papers that are under the copyright of third parties, illegally, and all quotations from third-party papers are used with the appropriate references.
3. The Rights of the Parties
3.1. The Publisher has the right to:
- 3.1.1. Make and/or change the requirements for the submission and publication of papers in the Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine.
- 3.1.2. Use the paper at its discretion according to any means indicated within this Agreement.
3.2. The Authors have the right to:
- 3.2.1. Receive any reliable information from the Publisher that is necessary for the completion of the paper as a whole.
- 3.2.2. Receive reliable data on alterations and amendments to the paper from the Publisher, give written and oral consent to the Publisher to include them in the paper.
- 3.2.3. Lay claim to their authorship by specifying the appropriate name(s) of the Authors in the paper and its copies, and at any public use of the paper, if practicable.
- 3.2.4. Demand the exclusion of his (their) name(s) when the paper is used by the Publisher, having notified the Publisher in writing no later than the end of the period of preparation of the paper for use.
- 3.2.5. Demand indication of the pen name(s) instead of the real name(s) of the Authors in the paper and its copies.
- 3.2.6. Counteract any distortion, amendment, or change in the paper if these could compromise the honor and reputation of the Author (Co-authors).
- 3.2.7. Distribute electronic copies of the Article (including final published Journal format) on: authors’ personal web-resources (web-sites, web-pages, blogs, etc.); web-resources of the institutions where Authors worked when the research for the Article was carried out (web-sites, institutional repositories); noncommercial, open access web-resources (multidisciplinare and subject repositories). In all cases, the appropriative bibliographic citation and DOI are to be included.
4. Liabilities of the Parties
4.1. The Authors agree to:
- 4.1.1. Deliver to the Publisher a complete manuscript meeting the requirements for the submission of works that are placed on the Publisher web-site.
- 4.1.2. Not to publish the paper in other media (either printed or electronic) in Ukrainian or other languages or distribute it without the written permission of the Publisher.
4.2. The Publisher agrees to:
- 4.2.1. Provide the peer review of the paper, scientific, literary, stylistic and technical editing, production and (or) processing of the illustrative materials (pictures, figures, tables, charts, diagrams), the creation of the paper layout, and the reproduction and distribution of the paper in any media under the terms of this Agreement.
- 4.2.2. Agree amendments to the paper with the Authors orally or in writing.
- 4.2.3. Indicate the names or pen names of the Authors according to information provided by the Authors during the work’s submission, except as provided for in paragraph 3.2.4 of Section III of this Agreement, in the case of the publication, reproduction and circulation of the paper.
5. Responsibilities of the Parties
5.1. The Authors are responsible for the reliability of the facts set out in the work, quotations, calculations, conclusions, references, and (or) for the research motivation of the paper.
5.2. The Authors are responsible if third parties claim rights to the paper.
5.3. If the Author (Co-authors) when presenting the paper, concealed the fact of its publication in any other editions prior to submitting the paper for consideration by the Editorial Board of the journal Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine, then after confirmation of this fact, the paper is not subject to publication, and the Author (Co-authors) is (are) informed in writing about this, while the given and exclusive license expires.
6. Dispute Resolution Procedure
6.1. Any disputes arising under this Agreement are to be settled by negotiation.
6.2. If the dispute cannot be settled by negotiation, then it shall be settled by law in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.
7. Other Terms and Conditions
7.1. If within three months of the acceptance of the paper by the Publisher the paper has not received positive reviews and recommendations for publishing, the Authors are informed of its rejection. The Publisher will not correspond with the Authors on the reasons for the rejection. The Publisher will no longer claim any rights to the paper, which then exclusively belong to the Authors.
7.2. The Agreement does not propose that any royalties be paid to the Authors.
7.3. The Authors agree that the right of the Publisher to use the paper free of charge cannot be considered an offence against the personal property and non-property rights of the Authors.
7.4. This Agreement is a LICENSE AGREEMENT whose terms are determined by the Publisher, and can be concluded with the other Party only via accession to the Agreement as a whole. The provision of the Publisher with a paper by the Authors is considered the granting of the consent of the Authors to conclude the Agreement under the agreed conditions.
7.5. This Agreement enters into force on the date that the Publisher is provided the work by the Authors.